Friday, April 13, 2007

The earth is moving... my first earthquake!

well.. I actually did not feel it, but while i was sleeping, I heard someone screaming downstairs: EVERYBODY LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!! so I had to wake up, since it was dark outside the window I only could see a shadow of someone running to the garage door, and I thought Oh sh.. we are being assalted!!! (again!! since I was already assalted here in Mexico, just one block from my house!)
I woke up my roomie and we went to meet the others, finding out that what really attacked us was a 6.3 earthquake that lasted 30 seconds but that thanks God it did not make major damages however it was enough to make people go to the streets in Pijama at midnight!
After the earthquake there were about 9 more, with a smaller intensity, and unfortunately I think I will have some more, since Mexico is very susceptible to this kind of incidents, however I only pray they are not as strong as the one in 85 that almost destroyed the city (high buildings, old houses, and sadly many people)... especially when they say that these events tend to be repeated every 20 years... (so.. maybe it is about time...)
Anyways, this is my quick update, I'm fine, happy, working, and living... the earth keeps on moving!

No comments: