Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More Carnival Stories... yo te ame con gran delirio!

April 1st, good day to celebrate Barranquilla's carnival in Mexico... why not???

When my friend lyz invited me to be part of the Carnival of Barranquilla that would be celebrated in Mexico, I did not think it twice, I said COUNT ME IN!!! I never danced in a carnival in the 21 years I lived in Barranquilla, and I knew that I'm not the best Cumbia dancer that could represent my city, but hey I was in Mexico, and they dance cumbia as salsa.. so WHO CARES!!!!

The idea was to bring the carnivals to the colombian community in Mexico, and of course to mexicans to give them a sense of what celebration of carnivals really is (read the story of Veracruz below). So sponsorship was got, and more groups were included, invitations were sent to other latin communities and some Bolivian, Venezuelan and Brazilean people joined us in our celebration.

We had dances, music, delicious food and hundreds of people dancing during daylight regardless the hot sun and then the rain that came over us during the afternoon... good times!

More pics: at the left with Cami and at the right with Mario

No comments: