Thursday, February 01, 2007

SOCCER IN MEXICO
Just like in Colombia or Brazil, Soccer is like the national sport here in Mexico... so I was very curious about going to my first game.
I had to admit that the experience was very different here in Mexico, as you see in the pic, games are one of those activities to attend in FAMILY, yes, they take all the gang to the stadium, dressed with the colors of their favourite team, they eat tacos, tortas, carrots with chile (hot!), quesadillas and all mexican typical fast food available...
The game was Cruz Azul vs Pachuca, Cruz Azul is one of the teams from Mexico City, and Pachuca is the team where three colombians are playing, so guess for whom I was cheering?? :)
The game was really nice, it was the first of the season but we had the chance to see 5 good goals, 3 of them made by Cruz Azul which means that Pachuca lost, but I still had a lot of fun!
The weirdest thing of all was the show in the break, we had a group of fighters "luchadores", who played soccer with some random people from the audience, only that the rules of the game were kind of different, allowing all the acrobacies and special moves like "tijera", "salto mortal", to quote a few of the complex fighter moves that we are used to see in cable from MExican TV stations.
I think I will try again this experience, now I'm looking forward to see the CHIVAS of Guadalajara, according to some people, the best team in this country... I'll let you know!

No comments: